A Short Course in Longitudinal Data Analysis
December 3, 2012
Metsäntutkimuslaitos, Vantaa, Finland
The Finnish Society of Biostatistics (FSB) organizes jointly with the Finnish Forest Research Institute (Metla)
"A Short Course in Longitudinal Data Analysis" in Vantaa on Monday December 3, 2012. The course will be lectured by
Professor Peter J. Diggle (Lancaster University & University of Liverpool).
1. Times series and longitudinal data: similarities and differences
2. Motivating examples: data-sets and scientific objectives
3. Linear models: capturing the correlation structure of longitudinal data
4. Generalised linear models: analysing binary and count data
5. Missing values: Rubin's hierarchy of missing value mechanisms, dealing with potentially informative dropout
6. Joint modelling: analysing data from studies that include both repeated measurement and time-to-event outcomes
7. Times series and longitudinal data re-visited: real-time monitoring; spectral analysis of replicated biomedical time series
A more detailed course description as PDF.
Lecture material consisting of two pdf files has been emailed to course participants on Wed 28 November.
8:30 - 9:00 morning coffee
9:00 - 9:10 opening
9:10 - 12:00 morning lectures
12:00 - 13:15 lunch break
13:15 - 15:00 early afternoon lectures
15:00 - 15:30 coffee break
15:30 - 18:00 late afternoon lectures
Morning and evening coffee are served in the lecture room.
The nearest lunch restaurant is only 200 meters from the lecture room, in another Metla building.
The course will take place at the Finnish Forest Research Institute, Vantaa unit (address:
Jokiniemenkuja 1, Vantaa), situated less than 10 minute walking distance from Tikkurila railway station.
Directions to Metla.
Directions to the lecture room are found from this link.
The information that was sent to course participants can also be found here.
Registration to the course is now closed.
Participation in the course is free of charge for members of the Finnish Society of Biostatistics.
For more information about the course, please contact:
- Aki Niemi, aki.niemi @ metla.fi
- John Aspegrén, sihteeri @ biostatistiikanseura.org
Updated: November 30, 2012 | sihteeri @ biostatistiikanseura.org